She Says I Do Not Love Her - Catholic Love

garden, jp melville, ottawa, canada


She Says I Do Not Love Her - Catholic Love
14 february 2008
jp


no way to find you hear you read you
no hotel phone answers
no cell phone reception
no text to read

imagined hollowness of the lover spurned
empty stomach
ignorance swirling
my heart a gut ache emotional maelstrom
because absence wonders
whose body is yours with
a physical body
perhaps a laughing one over wine

but not mine

if you were not to come home, molly
would you easily forget
there is warmth to be beside us
in voices and company and friends and willingness to join
indoors out from the cold
come join us home

but if I, leopold, could not come home
would i forget

or was my love a memory before i forgot

just a need

biology

guilt sin sickness in a creed of catholic myth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day