Dissolving




jp melville, poetry, snow, cabin, ontario
















Dissolving
january 2019
jp


Here in am I dissolving
In night the darkness coming toward the dawn
I see light in snapshots
Of your smile
Your breath taking away from me
Your lips
Upon which I draw
My fingers entwined in strings of memory
Wrapped round the wine that sips
Through my lips
Yours, wet…
And clouds my mind in snowflakes
Gentle, warm
That float through my eyes in sparkles
Across the screen of my mind now mindless ming…
A wine soaked video…
Oh…
I love the light the falling flakes shatter like shot
Pain-steeped baptism sweeps a pleasure across my flesh…
I can take no more, so…
So,
Quietly,
I take the handle, twist, and step
Across the threshold
Into shallow snow out into night where none and no one
Interrupt the neon lights and shadows in pinks and greens and colours
And haze across my drunken eyes
Against the rain drops frozen as they fall in plucks and plicks upon my skin
Beading diamonds across the windows of my blackened truck
The glazed surface of the snow packed street
Where now sparkles and frozen mist of frozen drops, liquid clarities
Wake me to breath…
I shiver in my thin grey cotton pantaloons and pressed green plackered tshirt
Turn my cheeks to invisible sky…
And breathe…
With just less than few hours to go
Where upon I return to dawn
And a sip of coffee
From the gals who sell biscotti at the corner neon light…

Light clareness crystal majesty
In my nostrils scent of coffee roast imagined

And  I undissolve in the ether of eternity…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day