End Another Day



jp melville, ottawa, ontario, elora, ben, olivia

Sept 15, 2018

JP

 

End Another Day

 

Now it is almost time to start another day

Which means it must be getting

                Close to when I’ll fall asleep

Some sleeps and mornings arrive in a blink

                Other sleeps are fitful

                                And it takes forever to get to the new day

Sometimes it’s because I am worried about something

And I have to tell myself what a waste of time that is

Worrying about something in the darkness

                When even the light won’t come if you beg it to

Sometimes it takes forever because

                My heart keeps missing a beat

                                Because missed beats wake me

                                                And I have to gasp to catch

                                                                A bit of oxygen

Other times it’s because I drank too much alcohol, even a little

And I always find there is nothing to be gained for sleep from alcohol

Always like a chemically induce deficit

Much better to just not get enough hours

Between the fall asleep and morning blink awake

The lackofsleeponyourfeetzombiecoma

                I get that a lot these days

                                Too much on my mind

Though here at the cabin

I can sneak in naps

Sometimes as early as mid morning

From these I wake in leaden stupor

Shake it off in five minutes

Nope, its true

                Not getting much sleep these days

 

A coyote sings a-roooo a-roooo

                Don’t worry be happy

 

I wonder if I’ll hear the great grey owl

                Maybe hear the owl call my name

 

That’ll be the sleep where morning

                Never comes back to me

 

How restful

                I wonder

                                Can that be?

Comments

  1. maybe it was the Wolfe between Wolfe lakes ?calls Don’t worry, Be happy. Or by happy?? In the blink of the light of crack , . I saw difference made into Ye, 叶,and the City named 碎叶,where the Li Bai,the most famous poet from Tang dynasty came from. No wonder, I kept seeing Dr Tang in my early child memory grinding the herbal leaves on the Wheel driven under his feet. As 碎 means small pieces grinded . I love the sparkled light in the cross of consciousness streams!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it was the Wolfe between Wolfe lakes ?calls Don’t worry, Be happy. Or by happy?? In the blink of the light of crack , . I saw difference made into Ye, 叶,and the City named 碎叶,where the Li Bai,the most famous poet from Tang dynasty came from. No wonder, I kept seeing Dr Tang in my early child memory grinding the herbal leaves on the Wheel driven under his feet. As 碎 means small pieces grinded . I love the sparkled light in the cross of consciousness streams!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. If you wish to connect....
find me at...
jpmlvll (@) gmail.com
thanks again

Popular posts from this blog