I Heard the Owl Call My Name





















I Heard the Owl Call My Name
4 august 2018
jp


Funny thing.
He was there last night.
Strix nebulosa.
And I answered his call.
I hooted back.
This morning, I see him, large, like huge, like big like someone you could hug in your arms.
Or sit on your shoulder and tell you what to do.
But bigger than that.
We looked at each other.
Or maybe he looked at me.
Then flew so silently away.
Leaving me alone in the trees.
And sky above.
Then he talked again to me tonight.
Just now,
A moment ago.
From somewhere in the northwest.
And the light has faded and darkness has come and the forest and air in my nostrils is no longer real.
And I answered him,
Me somewhere just in the south east trees.
Then he talked back.
I waited.
Then silence.
Funny thing.
I'm not ready to go.
But it is time.
I heard the owl call my name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day