Love Settled Once Upon a Star



jp melville, ottawa, ontario, canada, love, poem















Love Settled Once Upon a Star
2007
jp melville

love settled once upon a star
burning brilliantly into the cold emptiness of my abyss

a strange visitor
around which i circled
one slow step at a time
not knowing what the creature was
nor from who nor whence it came

i tried looking at its fire from upside down
was able to circumnavigate a full three hundred and sixty degrees
in all directions
like the little prince on his planet with his sheep
and his rose
that he so worried about

oddly my eyes could hold open
and retain focus on this burning brilliance
without pain
without blinking
powerless to let sight of it go

a strange creature
fallen into my life
to whom and from whom
my heart was now bound in invisible threads
attached
detached
that i watched
around which i circled
yet felt only ridden wholly inside
my thoughts
my heart
my bones
my flesh

this burning brilliance
that seared with all intensity
yet soothed
as i circled
and watched

knowing
wondering how
that this visitor that had entered
and was now the world in which i was
curiously would be
was me
apart
yet inside
tethered by invisible threads
that neither tied nor bound
rather fused from two to one

yes
love settled once upon a star
became my universe
the abyss washed away from emptiness
burning in the fullness of one heart

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. If you wish to connect....
find me at...
jpmlvll (@) gmail.com
thanks again

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day