When The Flower Inside You Blooms



jp melville, bella coola, elora, ontario, canada, woman, women, love, phil, father




When The Flower Inside You Blooms
2000s
jp melville

What do I think?
In the end, I think what I think does not matter.

What do I care?
In the end, caring in itself has no value.

Everything comes back to action.
What do I do, this is what matters.

Nothing surprising.
Nothing unique.
Nothing new.

Which leaves me only thinking
That I fail to express
Your value in action.

So what I do is not enough.
So what I do is not right.
So what I do is not selfless.

The three are always true, by some measures anyway:
quantity
morality
ethics.

And I have nothing to defend.
I am guilty.
Because I am conscious that I could always do more – and wish I could.
Because I am conscious that I could always be better – and wish I could.
Because I am conscious that I could always remove judgement – and I wish I could.

This incident, or that.
This moment, or then.
This place, or there.

Whatever the story, whenever the time, wherever the space.
I have nothing to defend.
I am guilty.

Because the measure is never
What I say,
Nor what I think,
Nor what I claim to do…

The measure is you.
Your happiness.
Your peace.
Your energy
Your manifestation.

So you ask…
Why no examples
No description in what I write here
I love the way your breasts move…
Your hands curled in mine…
Your laughter rippling delight in air…

Why not my imagery
The you that is through my eyes
As though my I of you could be enough
What you
Look like
Smell like
Taste like
Feel like…

Because though I treasure these
They are my lust for you
I don’t know these things
I know I know I do not know
Because
Your happiness gone sour
Your peace unbalanced
Your energy short circuited
My I of you rejected.

What I do know is
Just me
And only here, inside this soul
Can I lay fault
Or blame
Or ownership…

But even then this sounds like ego
An “oh woe is me…”

So much this maze of thought get in the way
Of
Trying to find words
To say that I am sorry, which is not enough
To say that I wish you happiness, which is not enough
To say that I walk with you, which is not enough

And even I try silence
Which breeds only fear.

So my heart bleeds and my soul whispers
That maybe, just maybe, one day
I will say
I love you
And the light inside you shines
Just maybe one day…

When the flower inside you blooms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day