Heat Bathes Us I You Stand There Me for You


shaheen lotun, jp melville, ottawa, canada, love, poems





Heat Bathes Us I You Stand There Me for You
jp melville
2019

Stillness.

If I was going to listen
I would need silence
She sent to me today
A message
Silence soothes cools calms refreshes nourishes

Gone long she is far away
Lends to me my space

So much more than that…
And I remember…

Stillness
Heat bask among us
Your sweat mine
Sunlight dances in a doorway
Fire wood ash drifting scent of forest white pine oak
Scattered white cloud high high above
We walk cool skin not talking much
Breath taken by altitude
Souls of feet no longer on the ground

Higher we climb
Through pine to meadow
Tumble there our loins one yours wet mine
Fragrant musk alpine crushed leaves behind your back
Scratched there is blood we gather our clothes again
To climb
To sky

What we seek
Together (ness)
Is found above beyond
So where we come to no more trees
There we see and clasp snow in our hands
Our faces wet again cold
Warm sunlight on our back skin

To wonder
Who were we then
When we dreamed
What we will be
We breathe deep chests
Look upon the mountains our footstool one of them
We ask each of ourselves transport us…
Our feet will not leave the ground they do we fly…
Oh God please…

Why you me is she I a difference
In this weary world low

Because somewhere up behind her
I stand
And somewhere up behind me
Stands she you
Heat between us
Sweat our skin and trust costs all of us
Hand upon

A shoulder
Quiet
Still
Snow cold mountain air and sky bathes us

Rest your hand upon my shoulder

I stand you here there for
Heat bathes us I you stand there me for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day