Afat... Where My Feminism Failed Me

jp melville, afat, shaheen, love, sex, feminism, ottawa, canada





Afat… Where Feminism Failed Me
our century
jp melville


My previous letter may have annoyed you.
For the blood on my loins and yours
Was conjugal beyond rules
While women and men since eternity
Have enjoyed
Scent of lust
And no mark but a stain
The conjugal left behind for no one to discover.

Snicker.

My monthly cycle, my mood change
Woman I am and your hand on my breast tells me I control
Estrogen brings anxiety, progesterone depression….
Balance is in our loins conjoined, my lips to yours
And coffee shared in bed the morning over.

Balance is not neutrality
Nor two ones in negotiation
Nor sex, yours mine
Nor denial of extreme equations
It is deep breath knowing that how I feel
Is never about you, my man, though only through you like you through me
But my moon and my sun and my stars and my child, my egg
So never a projection on male or man…
For I stand proud am woman knowing….
Dark colour and sunshine and the infinite, earth
Depths of darkness…
Fecundity…
Is mine

And only mine.

Yes.

Except.

In passing
I brighten
Flower child and your sweater I wear
Bury my nostrils in your sweat
Lick my lips of your ejaculate
I dream by and back and forward
Your forest space bush cabin… no electricity
Yet hyper static we have become…
I cried fuck me…
I know from learning but not from time
Women’s bodies sucked up moonlight milk
We are plants, feeding on light
Both sunlight and moonlight
Yin yang
We me our bodies breasts vaginas freshed…
Oh God no wonder my triggers askew
With artificial light everywhere, flat screens,  day and night, emancipation politics…
Mine and our cycles no longer correspond to the moon...
White Goddess I beg forgive me.

For just like all the others:
I bought the capital model
I saw power in economy
So a job I will to go
Leaving my child in hostel
Rejecting care from a horizontal pass… a husband…. what is that…
And I go to my clock driven world
My politics having bought me and sold me
The world I once thought I despised
Endebted
Loneliness the killer already my sucked in horizon.  

I threw away the man
Who said he would be there
When he added to the list… care
I tossed
The moon
My blood
My milk
The suckle of his ejaculate on my lips…

For none I would give to union…
With the obsession of independence
In my politique
I rejected
To win in my corporate slavery only me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day