The Moon

jp melville, ottawa, canada, mali, tabaski, islam, olivia






The Moon
29 november 1982
jpmelville

On a broad hillside covered smoothly with snow
Strewn myriads of her diamonds sparkled before open night.
Her deep woods by, quiet, occasionally coldly crackling
Through the sharp clarity of her lucid voice, open night.

She spoke without words in wild night.
I drew her breath pure in wild night.
With awe I received her fair touch in wild night.
Cold to my skin, in wild night.

Washed in the light of her pale beauty’s grace,
Alone in heavy boots and long woolen coat
I and the hills about me stood, still,
Her calling through the silence, night,
To hers sheening, mine reddened by frost I lifted my face,
Heart pounding blood, eyes moist with warm tears, in silence,
Night.

What words spoken she shares at night
When I stand alone in her wilds
Others before me have known
But I am not jealous
For I have understood
In silence
Night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End Another Day